Thursday, April 4, 2013

Self-Reflection

I think I was pretty well prepared for this presentation. I had my notecards ready and my PowerPoint looked good, but wasn't too cluttered. I tried to make sure it didn't distract from the actual content and what I was saying. I chose a simple theme and didn't go overboard like the colors and text like I did for the brain project presentation. I liked the content I wrote for my TED talk. I think everyone could understand it and I was speaking clearly enough. I was fairly relaxed, and I felt like I was ready.

I probably should have rehearsed more, because I felt a little too dependent on the notecards. I could have memorized portions so I didn't have to look down so often. Also, the PowerPoint was a bit out of sync with what I was saying at some points. I think that maybe adding all those pictures of what the site has been may have been unnecessary, and I could have just included where I started and where I ended.

I think I talked sufficiently about the things that went well, and the obstacles I faced along the way. I could have talked more about my overall message, the fact that failure makes people more determined to succeed, rather than talk about the details of the actual project.

When I rehearsed, I was within the time limit perfectly, which is good. I may have sped up when I gave the actual talk, or maybe the PowerPoint added time.

28/30

Peace out. For the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment