Saturday, March 23, 2013

Good news, and bad news.

I couldn't get the external JavaScript file to work. I just left it in the HTML file. I don't feel like trying again, I think it might just be easier to keep it this way.

But the good news is that I did a little more playing around with CSS, and made a cool background table like I said I wanted to (or at least I think I said). Anyway, it looks really cool and wasn't much of a hassle at all. I just needed this page to help me center it. Other than that, it went really well. The pages are all looking better and better by the minute! Now I just want to have rounded corners on the table....however, from a Google search, with the version of CSS provided on Visual Studio 2010, that seems to be more complex than I want to deal with. So...square corners it is. Unless I can magically use CSS3 now.

Now I'm going to put some of the actual intended content onto the site, like some story previews and a biography of my characters. But that will come after I figure out the coding stuff.

I've also just moved all the styling in my CSS file to the HTML file because this program I'm using doesn't have HTML5 or CSS3, which are the most up-to-date versions. I'm going to try to just test this in an online editor until I find another program. So I'm now on the hunt for a new program that won't cost me a huge amount of money - which may be pretty hard to find.

My homepage is looking great, now I'll need to add all the styling to the other pages, since the CSS file will no longer exist. Great. ;_;

Wish me luck (again). I'll need it.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment