Monday, March 18, 2013

Trouble....

I'm having some trouble with trying to figure out how to get this JavaScript file to work.

Actually, a lot.

Remember that button I included in the last post?

I included the code for that within the HTML. I tried to put it into an external JavaScript file, and that really didn't go well. The button appears, but it doesn't do the confirm thing. I'm not sure if I've attached the file to the HTML properly. Either way, it's not working and that's a bit of a problem if I want to attach any JavaScript features.

The rest of the site is looking good though, and I want to try to create some more cool background stuff, like a background table, similar to the one that is Figment. It would include the navigation bar and all the contents of the page.

The home page looks like this.


The about page is coming along, there's an animated gif on it. :)



Like that. I haven't written a biography for my story characters yet, that's what the page was actually made for.  But that's the least of my concerns right now. ;_;

This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. The code can get confusing at times, things won't work the way they're supposed to, or elements interact weirdly to make things that I didn't originally intend. It's turned out pretty well so far, but really need to figure out this JavaScript file.

It'll take this page to the next level. And I really need that.

Oh, I also have a domain registered from quite a while ago. I might post the website I have created up on there. They recommend using FileZilla to upload the files.

This page should help me learn JavaScript and how to attach the files to the HTML document.

Wish me luck, people of the Internet.

Now, if you don't mind, I have to get this stupid button figured out before it drives me insane (because it will drive me insane if I can't get it to work right. That's just me though. Most people wouldn't care. :P)

I've not had any of this kind of trouble with HTML or CSS, which were a lot easier to learn and use on the page. But they can only create static elements, and good websites all have dynamic elements, which unfortunately are much more complicated.

I can do this.

I know I can.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment